There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

In-Cavern Edition Ki-Mail

92 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

I have checked your new KiMails. They are fine :)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Multiple things for this update.

Several new Ki-mails have been created, as was previously mentioned. I'll be sending them to CC 'team" in the next day or so. Of the ones not previously mentioned are the following SE: kimails, "All Guilds Meeting Info Extravagana", "Return Cyan To The Cavern, &"Opera!" (I don't why, but I'm looking forward to this last one....)

Anys, back on topic...As for the "Info Session" I wanted to one for each UK/CET and the American timezones, but the one @11:00 Ki-time will have to suffice. My "light" 25hr work week has suddenly blossomed in to 40+ one*, as I no longer have Sunday off...among other issues. (So unless someone else wants to volunteer to do a second one, I'm tapped.) I don't suppose any of the other guild members would care to join me for the hour of the first seminar? This is just a request on my part, as the company would be welcome, otherwise I'll find a way to manage on my own.

What else? Ah, yes! Are we releasing Issue #2 sometime this week? As I also mentioned before, I'd still like to use that as the "lead story" of the CP:ICE, while use the "Info Session" as the second one, plus mention all the other news events. An update would be most welcome, so I can create said KI mail.

Of final note, I'll also bee doing CC'ing for the AGM starting tommorrow or Thurs night. (I wanted it to be tonight, but returning various work/non-work emails, and creating news postinfs kept be busy.) Sorry!!!

That's about it from me! Over and out!!!

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

If it's the houe before the AGM I can probably join you.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

AGM Meeting Summary is done. It was actually quite easy compaired to most months, so far! I also revamped the TCP:ICE to reflect the Offline KI and Gehn v.5 "featurettes". I'll send all the Criers team a copy after dinner tonight., and will also start distribution then. (Which means I'll be in the cavern about 8:30 pm EST, if any wishes to find me.) I'll also hit the 8pm PST timeslot this evening, too.

@Doobes: I hate you!   ;-)

Doobes написал:
(kept up-to-date by the ever-helpful Nev'yn)

EDIT: Both EST & PST 8pm timeslots were distributed ki-mail. All in all, I met about 20-25 interested explorers. I also ran into K'hibu in Ae'gura near the city map. We chatted a bit about GoMe & being a Crier. I also made several announcements for the Opera tommorrow night. (Which I'm hoping to attend.) I'll try to do at least one more Crier run before/after the event. (Because strangely, the population count is usually higher on Monday nights.) After that, I'll be away from the cavern until Thurs or Fri night. Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

I've created an SE: ki-mail for all the current news posts. I'll probably be creating another issue of the TCP: March/2012 ICE #2 in the next few days due to the large amount news in the feed, and to give explorers as central to "list" to ask what they're like more info on. Be aware, these ki-mails haven't been added to the guildbook yet. (I have to be at work in less than an hour, plus I work until around midnight.) I'll put an edit here when they're added!

@Ly: Will you be holding another Shard Q&A? If so, can you please add it to news feed by Thurs? I will then create both the SE: kimail and place it in the TCP:ICE at the same time either tommorow night or Thurs morning EST. Thanks so much!!!

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 2 Mar 2012

Yes, I'll be hosting more, probably each saturday. Here's the thread: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25515

I've added an article, and am waiting for Leo to approve it. Thanks for the coverage!

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Ly: I've got a few, err...several questions. Between your post on the forums and the news posting, I'm now really confused. When is you event and just how many of them there are. Please correct anything which I have misunderstood below:

• How many events are there on each Saturday. One or two?
  • If it *is* two, can we call the first an "Info Session" and the second an "Q&A Session"? (Because I think that's what you were reffering to on Moula.)
  • We have got to clear up the community's confusion on the time issue. Currently Ki-time is PST, not MST. (I'm thinking we should make up a news announcement about this...If no one else does, I'll do it tonight.)
  • I've noticed you tend to use 12hour notation and not 24hour notation...but then do not put am or pm. (You did use 24hr on the GoME posting, but not the Moula one.) This is why I was *really* confused on when your meeting was.
  • So, I am now assuming you are having two meetings: The Info Session @8:00 Ki-time (8am PST, 11am EST, 4pm CET, 6pmMSK) plus Q&A Session at 18:00 Ki-time (8pm PST, 11pm EST, 4am CET, 6am MSK).
  • Both of these meetings will now be held every Saturday, correct?

I think I covered everything...Sorry for all the questions!!!!

EDIT: Ok, to make sure I have this:

You will be holding one meeting every Sat...The one this Saturday (March 17th) is a Q&A session at 11:00am EST (08:00 Ki-time). Is that correct?

(So I'm not so confused in the future. Can we use 24hr notation for Ki-time, and 12hour am/pm for your "home/local" timezone? Please also specify the timezone in three letter notation)  I hope this will clear up further confusion. Sorry for all the trouble!!! 

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor

OK, I'll try to sum it up. It is a bit confusing because I hadn't planned much of it.

• There are two types of meetings, but only one each Saturday. The first is the "Info" session as you called it, but it's also a Q&A. The next week it's the "Q&A" session which is purely questions, no didactic monologues. This will go on each week until nobody comes anymore. ;)
  • I'm used to 24 hours notation, actually, but I though everyone used AM/PM. From now on, when I give a time, it's in 24 hours format.
  • I'll continue using my local time, since I'm sure of that one at least. The references provided in my event post seem to be quite useful to me for reference.

Things should be clearer starting next month, during which I'll start using KI.

So far, I've done the "Info" meeting last Saturday, at 21:00 over here. This Saturday, I will be doing it 11:00 here (GMT-5 time, or "GMT-6" with the DST adjustments). For reference, I'm in Montreal.

Signature

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor

Correct. Correct. Correct (although it's currently EST+1 because of time changes).

So it would be 11:00 AM this Saturday, then 9:00 PM Saturday next week on the EST timezone in Montreal.

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Ly: Ok...Perfect! Whew!!!

@Everyone: Unrelated to any of the above is a new protocal regarding my Skype usage:

Due to my cousin's girlfriend contacting me throughout the morning, it was not very productive for me.  (She was home sick, while he was at class...I'm assuming he left his computer on.) Be that as it may, I figured out how to disable it from opening at startup. So, should any of the Messengers need to contact me via Skype, please just send a PM here letting me know you want chat. It will send an email to my phone. (Otherwise for everyone else, I've told them to just send me a text, also to my cell.) Although I may be online via Skype at other times, for the most part it now be kept off. Understanding on this matter is most appreciated.

As for the Ki-mails, I hope to have the rest created in bit, and also added to Guildbooks. This will hopefully include the TCP:ICE #2 for March. Distribution will begin tommorrow night @8pm timeslots for both EST & PST, if all goes well. On that note, that's about it from me for now! Laterz!!!

EDIT: I finally finished the TCP:ICE #2. It occured to me while working on this publication... If an event does not occur in the cavern, (such as in IRC channel), I don't really need to create a special ki-mail for it. (Wow, I have become *way* to used to making ki-mails!) Instead, I directed the reader to check online for more info. Therefore, I deleted some of the ki-mails i made yesterday. Here is the the link to the new ki-mail: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/book/ki-mail-cavern-post-mar2012-ice-2 I did notice the OpenUru.org IRC event does not have a time. I'll fix that and make the SE: kimails for the DMR Concerts and Cyan/Cavern Event tommorrow during dinner. Annabelle's Quest Release *is* in my avi's ki, but not the guild book yet. I'm just too tired to be any further productive tongiht. Sorry!!! 

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

A few things:

Just finished Cavern Crying 8pm EDT for the Pop Party tommorrow. The cavern kinda' quiet tonight, but several explorers (8-9) did request the ki-mail for the event. IT is not in the guild books, as I didn't finish it until 8:15ish while waiting for food. I'll add it later tonight, but be aware it's headed straight  the archive. (For this reason, I see no point in sending it to everyone.) I still need to hit PDT...as I'm hangin' out with some friends in a bit, this shouldn't be a major problem. I'll try to pop into the cavern at lunch to remind people in Europe around 7-8pm CET tommorrow as I'm off work, but can't make any promises. (I simply *have* to get various tasks/errands done.) What else? Ah yes, the video project! A few explorers asked for an update. I sent them to the forum thread here @GoMe. that's about it for this post!!!

Anys, gotta change! I'll make an edit when I finish with PDT's crier run!

EDIT @12:17am: Second crier run is done! I also had to explain sparklies to a new explorer.... 

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Only did the second Crier run tonight (8pm PDT). I put another "tenative" run down for each timezone on Wed night, if I can. Otherwise, I'll just try to do a few "random" ones Thurs/Fri. (Like 8pm CEST on one of those days.) Sorry my times have been kinda' "flighty" lately.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Nev'yn написал:

Sorry my times have been kinda' "flighty" lately.

They are still better than my times :P

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Crier run accomplished last night for 8pm EDT and PDT timeslots.

Edit: I will try to drop into the cavern at lunch tommorrow for the 8pm Central Europe timeslot. 

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Done!

Two things: One, got asked if Annabelle was speaking this month. Second, I have finally "run into" someone in the NULP Bevin again. Unfortunately, I crashed immediately after. I tried to renter the cavern but the updating is now over a staggering 8 minutes! Sorry, but I don't have time to wait around for it. I'll try check there the same time tommorrow.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

No sign of anyone in NULP Hood...Once again did a quick "run around" the cavern for the AGM reminder. Will try to drop in for the 8pm EDT timeslot, but it's very iffy. The one for 8pm PDT is more likely, but all a "maybe" due to the time I get out of the store. (I'm at an 11pm store close tonight, so hopefully I'll be out of there by 11:30pm, latest.)

*shrug*

Edit: Multiple things, no particular order: A Crier run was done for all the timeslots today. Most importantly, there is no way for me to visit the cavern right before the AGM now. Although I no longer have to work a split shift, but I'm now working 11am-11:30pm. (Instead of 6am-Noon, then the 4pm-11:30pm I was originally scheduled.) Just an FYI. Someone else will have to do it, if anyone cares to do so. Two, the GoG has now reopened their fourms. (Not sure if this means the GoG as a whole are returning, but is perhaps a step in that direction...Time will tell.) Three, I've been asked several time about the Cavcon, hopefully Doobes will bring it up at the meeting. Not tryjng to "rock the boat", but would it be "out of line" for one of us to ask someone at Cyan for commentary? Four, I have vague plans to create/edit the AGM meeting summary on Sunday, with distributuion on Monday night. Lastly, I have recieved mutiple messages on the Moula forums today. I have responded to all them, and will update the various Criers pages either tommorrow morning/night. All of that being said, it is now 2:18am EDT, and I'm going to bed. I'm simply exhausted.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Visited the cavern for the Eurovision party tommorrow...Will drop back down there later. I also announced the  GM election, and there was a collective *gasp*. Lastly, i mentioned the next Moula update would be "boxed up" soon, and reminded the Minkata testers to visit there for a few last "test runs". I may need to make feature update ki-mail as several people requested one. For now, I've directed them to our news feed. That's it, I'll make edits later, if needed.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Visited the cavern for the 18:00 KI-time/( 8pm EDT) timeslot:

Updated the guild ki-mails in the Pub. I also passed out the AGM summary ki-mail to almost a dozen explorers. I'll also be hitting the 21:00 KI-time/(8pm PDT) timeslot later tonight. Nothing else major to report. After that, the next Crier run is tenatively scheduled for 12:00 ki-time/(8pm CEDT) on Tuesday, June 5th. Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Several things:

Crier runs have been done in all the major time zones for the TOC, DMR, and GoH events during the last few days. I may do one more later, but it's still  a coin-toss. Second, I have *got* to clean out my KI. I have tons of old CC ki-mails to file. This means I also need to know what to do with all the old pic of event people have sent me. (Mainly the IC Mysterium.) Lastly, I keep getting asked about the Fun House, and the next time it will make an appearance. Related to this, one of the groups asked about event help. I'll post questions concerning that elsewhere, atter I've eaten lunch.

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor

Hehehe, I'm afraid me (and boq too) are to blame for those Fun House questions. I performed a bit earlier today, and a few days ago too. For now, you can tell the magic-craving masses that their Gods may deign to lower themselves to these antics once more in the near future - and on a regular basis too. Stay tuned for more info.wink

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

I'm off work today, so I'm going to try to hit all the timezones for the GoW's Cleft party. I must admit, I feel kinda dumb going into the cavern call out an event for the 8pm Central Europe timezone, when the event will be held @2am for them.* Anys, I will practice my "due diligence" and call out the event.

On a related note, concerning the GH event, are they going to provide the event press release, or is one of us going to make up somthing for them? For most of the SE: kimails, I usually just copy the news feed and make a few edits. (Or sometimes chop it to bits...The AGM summary being a prime example.) Anys, if somebody could have something for me by next Tues, I'd be appreciative. That's when I hope to do some cavern crying for the AGM.

Anys, I'll make edits if any notable items come up during my runs, if needed.

Edit: That was fast, just thought of two other things. Due to the confusion caused by the whole TCP:Online and TCP:ICE, should the name of the ICE be changed to something else...Like TCP: Criers Log? (Completely "off the cuff", any ideas are welcome.) Also should we add a special SE: Open Source Updates KI-mail? Someone else will have to post that stuff somewhere (a special thread?) in "sound bite" form for me to use, if so. Ok...so I think that's everything, for real, this time!

(*Nevyn's Note: I mean sure, Leo and adi will be awake at that time, but how many other European explorers are really up that late?) wink

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor

I would wait for GH to post something before Monday; if nothing has been posted by that time, we'll do it ourselves.

I don't know about ICE; your choice!wink

Open-source, I don't know. There's not that much happening. There could be special editions from time to time.

Signature

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Well,, I was mainly intending a short about what each group was working on for the next update...So IC explorers are not "caught of guard" by the next update.

(/me shrugs)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

(From MOULa forums):

Leonardo написал:
Since there is Mysterium this weekend, we will postpone the All Guilds Meeting to next saturday, August 11th :D

Just posting this here for those who might have missed it on the Myst Online forums. I'll head down to the cavern to make annoucements about the change....And I'll also station myself in Kriel this Sat during the normal time of the AGM to help any confused explorers who might head there.

I've also had a request for a ki-mail on the chat times for the Mysterium...I'll head over to the event's website and make something up for distribution.

The next is off topic, belonging to the newletter thread...I'm going to try to have a WHI for at least Jan-Mar done by end of business Sat. (Hopefully I'll have more than that done....) This article will be a two-parter. I further hoping to release the July WHI a week or so after the Mysterium, then resume "regular" monthly publication from there.

Anys, that's it from me, for now....  

Edit: Hmm, so far I've had no luck locating the live chat times.....

Edit2: Just finished my stint in Kirel while working on other things. Ran into over two handful of explorers, but most of them were actually new players. Not much more to report.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Will be doing cavern crying for the AGM tonight at 18:00 and 21:00 ki-time. I will follow up on this tommorrow @12:00 ki-time for Central Europe in the evening tommorrow. Just an FYI.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Last CC run just finished for the PDT evening timeslot. I visited during the one for Europe yesterday afternoon*, and the one for EDT earlier this evening. I also made an announcement of the Radio KTDN broadcast, but did not make up a ki-mail for it.

If the channel could be mentioned at the opening of the AGM with some kudos toward LC, it would be appreciated.

(/salute)

*Nevyn's Note: Just for clarity, as in afternoon for me, not in Europe.cheeky

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

Nev'yn написал:

If the channel could be mentioned at the opening of the AGM with some kudos toward LC, it would be appreciated.

Can do!

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Just finished the last Crier run to remind people about the AGM. I also asked people to keep an eye out for Leo in the cavern. Minta reports he registered on her KI earlier this evening, but seems to have linked out 10 minutes or so before my first Crier run. If there any more sightings, I'll keep rest of you posted.

@Doobes & Ly's Assistant: I noticed the two of you were already in the cavern when I arrived. I don't suppose either of you saw him?

Lyrositor
Ritratto di Lyrositor

Leo? Oh, yes, he-- [REDACTED]

Signature

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

Nev'yn написал:

@Doobes & Ly's Assistant: I noticed the two of you were already in the cavern when I arrived. I don't suppose either of you saw him?

Why, whatever do you mean Nev?  I have no idea where our former Guild Master has run off to.  In fact, that probably wasn't me you saw last night.  That was...Doobs, my...cousin...

Yeah, that's the ticket...

Anyway, gotta go! *links out*

wink